Current Job Opportunities
Forest Coaches is currently looking to recruit new coach drivers on either a full-time, part-time or casual basis. The job description below outlines key responsibilities and desired characteristics of a prospective Forest Coaches member of staff. If you are interested in applying, please call Simon directly on 07956 669910 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB TITLE: Coach Driver
MAIN OBJECTIVES: To drive company vehicles to provide an efficient, reliable, quality coach service in accordance with safety legislation and company procedures. To follow the tour instructions as per the operations schedule, or the directions of the hirer/courier.
REPORTING TO: The general manager/ operations manager.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To drive specified company vehicles in accordance with the legal requirements and company procedures following duties allocated by the operations manager/general manager.
- To communicate with customers in a clear concise and polite manner ensuring they are respected and made to feel welcome regardless of age, gender, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
- To ensure customers with special needs are given every assistance and attention, and to be able to control difficult/challenging customers within legislative and company procedures.
- To follow all legislative requirements concerning drivers’ hours regulations, including the use of tachographs, if appropriate.
- To ensure that any vehicle is driven with due care and attention, ensuring the safety of the passengers and general public. To ensure that defensive driving is practiced throughout every journey, being aware of potential hazards and how to avoid them, complying with company procedures when parking or handing over vehicles.
- To ensure the safe operating procedure is followed in the interests of safety at all times.
- To ensure the daily walk around check is conducted to ensure the vehicle is road-worthy.
- To report any incident that involves injury or damage to any passenger, pedestrian, vehicle or third-party property immediately, in line with company procedures.
- To handle any emergency which may arise, including following procedures in the event of a vehicle fire.
- To carry out duties safely in accordance with all company and legal requirements, and be fully conversant with the duty of employees under health & safety legislation.
- To ensure prompt and accurate completion of all appropriate reports.
- To ensure vehicles are regularly cleaned to the standards required at intervals specified by the manager.
- To promote the company generally and do everything possible to enhance the company’s image through appearance and behaviour, reporting for duty sober, smartly dressed, with clean uniform and on time.
- To undertake any and all training appropriate for your role in line with company and legislative requirements.
- To comply with reasonable requests for contractor DBS checks to ensure suitability for potential job roles and contracts.
- To carry out any additional duties which may be reasonably be required of you by management.