How to transport your wedding guests in Herefordshire and Wales
Wedding transport shouldn’t have to be a stress and there’s enough to worry about on the big day. So don’t add ‘travel’ to your list of worries. Forest Coaches offers transportation to your wedding venue for the bridal party, groomsmen, friends and family.
You can travel in style and relax in comfort as we’ll be there for ‘carriages at midnight’ if you need us to be. We can also offer multiple pick-ups before the wedding service or deliver you to a different location if your photographs are somewhere other than where your ceremony is. We’ll do everything we can to ensure your special day goes according to plan.
We’re often transporting wedding parties and guests around the Herefordshire, Shropshire, Gloucestershire and Powys areas of the UK. Forest Coaches has 16-seat minibuses, as well as 29-seat and 48-seat coaches, so we can take your whole party in convoy or just deliver some of the guests who are visiting from out of town.
We’ve rounded up some of the most popular wedding destinations in this beautiful part of the world and made accommodation suggestions for those unable to stay at the venue itself.
Where are the best wedding venues in Herefordshire?
- Brinsop Court near Hereford has a 14th century manor house, a moat, an oak barn and two cottages, all within 800 acres of farmland.
- Glewstone Court in Ross-on-Wye is Grade-II listed Georgian manor house for civil ceremonies and bespoke wedding packages.
- Barn weddings in Bromyard at Bredenbury Court Manor House are really popular because of their bed and breakfast cottages.
- Haybarn at Home Farm in Ewyas Harold in Herefordshire.
- Lemore Estate is a luxury country resort with 7th-century manor house and spa.
Are there any wedding venues in Hereford city centre?
Where can my wedding guests stay in Herefordshire?
We can transport your guests to and from their accommodation to your venue. There are many cheaper accommodation options for visiting friends and family, so ften some of the guests stay in the local hotels.
- Two Premier Inns hotels in Hereford, one in Ross-on-Wye
- Two Travelodge hotels in Hereford and two in Ludlow
- Lots of independent hotels in Hereford city centre
What are the best wedding venues in Monmouthshire and around Powys?
- Caer Llan is in the heart of Monmouthshire and the Wye Valley. It has 25 acres of garden and views of the Welsh mountains and Vale of Usk.
- West Usk Lighthouse is a small and beautifully unique wedding venue near Newport. The 19th century lighthouse has a ceremony space and accommodation located within the venue.
- Holly Hollows has a small garden and wood in the Welsh countryside with a stone barn in Llanwddyn, Powys.
- Nant y Walch has barns and carbon-free cottages in the Breacon countryside in Powys in the Cambrian mountains, three acres of garden and woodland. It’s great for adventurers, and guests can go wild swimming, cycling, mountain biking, hiking and horse riding.
- The Bell of Skenfrith is a boutique hotel and award-winning restaurant with private rooms for ceremonies. It’s popular because it’s also a few minutes away from the village’s own medieval church.
Where can my wedding guests stay in Monmouthshire and the Powys area?
There are Premier Inns at Hereford, Monmouth and Ebbw Valle and a Travelodge at Merthyr Tydfil.
There are also independent hotels, guest rooms and pubs to stay in the surrounding towns including Monmouth and Hay on Wye.
What are the most popular wedding venues in Shropshire?
- Netley Hall is countryside estate in the heart of rural Shropshire with 160 acres of countryside. It has 20 bedrooms, a spa, ceremony space in the Grand Hall and The Clock Tower restaurant.
- Hencote Estate and Hencote vineyard has a 180-degree panoramic view over the Welsh Hills and Shrewsbury. It also has a renovated Georgian farmhouse and luxury glamping lodges.
- Bacheldre Watermill Weddings and Events is a wedding venue on the Powys-Shropshire border of Wales and England, with a 17th-century mill and millpond.
- The Haybarn is great for festival and barn weddings because it has cottages, glampings pods and camp sites. It’s near Wall Under Heywood near Church Stretton and
What are the best wedding venues in Gloucestershire?
- Llanthony Secunda Priory is a 15th century Augustinian Priory in the center of Gloucester. They offer bespoke dry-hire wedding venues. This is when you’re provided with the shell and no additional services.
- The Manor House Hotel is a 16th century manor house in the historic market town of Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire in the Cotswolds. They have a 2 Rosette restaurant and 35 boutique rooms.
- Gloucester Blackfriars Priory is 13th century Medieval priory in the center of Gloucester. It can cater from 10-250 guests and it’s popular because of its well preserved medieval library.
- Pittville Pump Room in Cheltenham is Grade I-listed wedding and events venue. Next to Cheltenham Town Hall, it also has four stunning rooms and is set in beautiful parkland.
How can I organise a coach or minibus to drive me and my guests to my wedding?
It’s really easy to sort out the logistics of your wedding transportation. Give us a call, let us know the venue and where you need picking up from and we’ll get cracking with a plan.